Common Injuries in Rear End Car Accident
Rear-end car accidents can occur for all kinds of reasons, but they commonly happen because a driver is not paying attention to the task of driving. In most cases, the driver who struck another vehicle from the rear is at fault because they were following too closely to react or became distracted and could not react to changes in traffic. Some mitigating factors can also come into play, where other drivers may share the blame for the accident.
Regardless of who is to blame, rear-end collisions typically cause certain types of accident injuries, including the following:
- Whiplash – Whipping the head back-and-forth rapidly strains muscles and tendons and can cause lasting damage that is difficult to overcome.
- Head trauma – The unexpected impact from behind may cause the driver or passengers’ heads to strike any number of internal components, causing injury. This can range from cuts and bruises to lacerations or a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Facial scarring or disfigurement – As a result of the forces described above, the victim’s face can sustain serious injuries from broken glass, the dashboard or even the airbag restraint device.
- Burns and lacerations can cause permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Broken bones – Broken bones are common in rear-end accidents. Often, arms or legs are propelled forcefully and unexpectedly into the dash or seats, causing fractures or breaks.
- Paralysis – This can result from severe trauma to the back, neck and/or spine. Broken bones or shattered nerves can affect mobility and use of some body components or functions.
Help with Compensation for Rear-End Car Accidents
Florida law allows victims of car accidents to pursue a personal injury lawsuit for compensation for their injuries and other losses. Don’t know what to do next? Call Ligori & Ligori Attorneys at Law in Tampa, Ocala, Lakeland or Key West. If you have been in a rear-end car accident and suffered injuries, you could be entitled to compensation.
Our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys can listen to your story and explain your options, as well as offer sound advice and recommendations. Don’t lose everything trying to cover astronomical medical expenses from a rear-end car accident. Contact Ligori & Ligori today for a free initial consultation.