Worst Types of Car Accident Injuries
Florida is a populous state and a popular destination for tourists, so the Sunshine State sees more than its share of car accidents. Some of the worst types of car accident injuries that commonly occur in Florida include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – Car accidents are the second-leading cause of TBI, which occurs when the brain is damaged by a blow or a piercing injury to the head.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis – This includes loss of use of all, one or multiple limbs (quadriplegia/tetraplegia and paraplegia) as well as other restrictive mobility injuries.
- Back Injuries – As the main framework for the human body, the back is often damaged in a car accident, with resulting trauma that can even show up later and have long-lasting symptoms.
- Burns – Modern vehicles are designed to resist bursting into flames on impact, but fires still occur in some car accidents. Victims can suffer different degrees of burns that can be disfiguring, requiring extensive surgeries and therapies.
- Internal injuries – Damage to internal organs and structures is common in car accidents. These injuries can be serious, especially if they go undetected and grow worse.
- Fractures and broken bones – Broken arms, legs, wrists, ankles and ribs are common injuries in Florida car accidents. The human body is not designed to withstand the kind of impact that happens, and bones frequently give in to the forces of impact.
- Disfiguring facial injuries and scars. These are some of the saddest and most complex of all car accident injuries. Whether from impact trauma, lacerations or burns, disfiguring facial injuries can cause lasting scars and mental trauma as well.
- Loss of limbs – Another type of injury that has permanent, disabling effects on the victim, limb amputations (either in the accident or surgically as a result of the accident) are severe and life-changing.
When you or a loved one suffer these types of injuries in a Florida car accident, life may never be the same. Even if a full recovery is achieved, internal scars can remain. For those who will bear permanent scars or changes, recovery and learning a new manner of living can be a huge challenge.
Helping You Overcome Florida Car Accident Injuries
All the money in the world cannot replace what is lost when you or a loved one suffer one or more of the worst car accident injuries possible. However, you have the right to pursue a lawsuit for compensation if you sustained injuries because of the negligence or actions of another person or entity. The resources that could be obtained through a personal injury lawsuit can be extremely helpful to cover medical expenses, long-term care expenses, support for your family after a career loss and many other losses.
Ligori & Ligori Attorneys at Law is a Florida law firm that seeks to help those suffering from personal injuries live their best life after an accident. Contact us today online or by phone to arrange a free, confidential consultation about your accident.